Miss Russian California is an annual beauty pageant intended to help prominent young women of Slavic descent exemplify community leadership, educational achievements, and professional accomplishments. The winners get to attend official galas, chamber meetings, and community events as the Slavic Community Youth Ambassadors throughout the year following the pageant. The action is intended to promote cultural awareness, community involvement, and youth engagement.
So here are a few details about the event:
- There is no fee to enter or participate
- The performance has four acts: the teaser, the show, the solo act, and the interview
- At the day of the show the girls receive professional hair & make-up at absolutely no cost as a courtesy of Luxe Salon and Day Spa, one of the leading beauty salons of the Sacramento region
- The finalists get to shine on stage in designer gowns offered by Nelli Rosh, the Sactown’s much-admired fashion designers who is highly acclaimed in such fashion hubs as LA, San Francisco, and beyond
- There is a 10K prize package which includes a Cover Shot on the Russian Time Magazine by Cool Style Studio, Exclusive Interview in the Russian Observer Newspaper and Russian Time Magazine, Coastal Breeze Limousine Limo Ride, Dinner Certificates to an Elite Restaurants (Mikuni, Fat’s, Scott’s Sea Food), a Shopping Spree, Jewelry Set from Jimmie Joy Jewels, Certificate to a Beauty SPA and Famous Hair Stylists, Teeth Whitening by our Smile Sponsor Eureka Dental Group, Miss Russian California T-Shirts by our T-Shirts Printing Sponsor ScreenPrinting Here, Family Tax Preparation Package from H&R Block, Private Dance Lessons from Malko Dance Studio, a Month of Private Fitness Training by Custom Fitness of Natomas, Memorable Photo Album, Complimentary Tickets to Local Shows and Museums and a few more spoilers.
The 10 finalists get on a 6 weeks training program. On weekly basis the girls work with professional pageant coaches and choreographers to get ready for the show. The routine is easy and fun and all 10 participants receive prizes and publicity regardless of winning.
The event is promoted by following media channels: Fox 40, Capital Public Radio, World Journal, Russian American Media, POP-9 Communications, d’primeramano magazine, Crossings TV, Russian Golden Pages and supported by AT&T, Wells Fargo, Western Health Advantage, McDonalds, Epic Bible College, Children’s Choice Pediatric Dental Care, SMUD, Law Office of Jaramillo & Borcyckowski, APAPA and local Chambers of Commerce.
The pageant finale is by invitations only, it is closed to the public and has more than 600 highly acclaimed Slavic and American VIP guests.